Like most developers with a Mac I presume, I love TextMate! One of the things I have often wanted to do is to select text in an application and paste it into TextMate. Thanks to Aaron at 9thport.net, here is a dead-simple solution!
- Open Automator.
- Make a new Service script.
- Add Run Shell Script.
- Write "cat | mate" and save as "Launch TextMate".
- Open System Preferences.
- Go to Keyboard > Services.
- Check Launch TextMate and give it a shortcut, like F6.
- Go to an application with text, select it, and hit F6!